Monday, January 26, 2009

Vote for me in the Play & Orange talent competition



Dear friends and readers of the blog

As some of you know for the past year I have been shooting a photography book documenting the culture of Arabic Hip Hop around the world. I've gotten to travel to many places and the scope of the book has been growing since. I have shot hip hop artists from refugee camps in Beirut to performances and access to world famous groups such as Wu-Tang Clan all in the context of Arab hip hop. Yet I still have about a year and a half worth of shooting to do.

A radio station in Jordan in association with orange are doing a local talent competition with an award of $10,000 US, all you need to do is send a quick email and vote for me, if i get to win, this will allow me to continue working on the project since i paid for the whole past year from my own pocket, and it does get draining.

All you need to do is send an email to vote@play.jo and say that you vote for laith majali. If you live in jordan you can sms 0777-102020 and write laith majali in the text.

Here is my profile on the contest's site.

Above is a slide-show showing select images from the project so far, watch it in high quality if you can.

Spread the word.

Thanks again for your support

Laith Al-Majali

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger MISS GLOW/ nena jaguar said...

of course i´ll vote for you¡¡ good luck!!

6:13 AM  
Blogger MISS GLOW/ nena jaguar said...

Your work is awesome..and i luv the song, it contains a sample of a Fairuz song, doesn´t it!! which group is it?

6:20 AM  
Blogger Fata said...

Did you win the award?

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

شو صار معك يا أخو الش***طة؟

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home