Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Two new photo essays

I decided that January would be a relaxed month. I need my alone time before starting heavy work on the pre-production of "Captain Abu Raed", which we will be shooting at the end of April.

If you are in Amman, check out the latest issues of Jo Magazine and Nox magazine, i had two photo essays published. The one in JO deals with the living space of some Egyptian construction workers. I spent 4 nights with them taking pictures. Quite an experience. I shot these as part of a workshop i attended here in Amman. You can see my work from the workshop on the Al-Liquindoni workshop gallery page.

The one in Nox is about "The Factory of Champions" the Al-Baq'aa boxing club, one of the famous Arab boxing clubs. This small place has produced some amazing champions.
Again I went down there a number of times and i am happy with the results.

Another piece of good news is that it looks like that i'll be in the north of Spain during the first week of February. I got accepted to attend a photography workshop that is going to be given by Antonin Kratochvil, one of the founders of the VII agency. Check out his work, this man has been everywhere and has an interesting style. Can't wait.

Here's a recent frame i made with the Leica. Thought i'd share.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home