Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sundance here I come

In a couple of hours I board a plane, once again, and head out to Utah to attend the world renowned Sundace Film Festival.
I have just unpacked my bag from my Middle East trip over the weekend, and here I am packing again, yet this time, its a lot of wool jumpers and two big jackets. The weather is going to be cold.
I will try my best to wrtie about my experience at sundance, where i hope to watch a good number of independent films, and more importantly attend panels and workshops related to film, and more specifically, editing.
Yet what i hope to gain from this is to expand my network of contacts, especially in the young filmmakers circle, and hopefully get to meet a number of the modern arab directors who i hope one day i'll get to become their go to editor.
Some good news may follow soon, when it is finalized I will be happy to share.

Sundance, prepare for the karaki editor.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sabri Hakim said...

all the best!

9:29 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

Good luck and enjoy! I can't wait to read about your experience there. By the way, Crime of Love is too good - thanks for the link!

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

laith, check this out

best of luck

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laith, try and see "Son of Man" when it premiers Sunday and let us know what you think.

Will Omar Naim be there? Have fun!

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home