Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pictures from a Friday afternoon in downtown

The streets of downtown amman after the friday prayers are such a treat for capturing interesting moments in the lives of ordinary people. I have been working on my street photography skills recently and what a better training ground than Saqf Al-Seil on a friday.
Here are some pictures from the second roll I shot on friday. I hope I find a couple more good ones on the first roll which I still have to develop.


I spotted him between the crowd and tried my best to capture him carying his bag on his shoulder.

amm-str3-1DEV.jpg

He caught me after taking the picture , and i don't think he was too happy about it.
amm-str3-26DEV.jpg

The sarvees to Hay Nazzal.
amm-str3-14DEV.jpg

This is the second picture i take of this homeless man, i spotted him a couple of nights ago. Recently i have been seeing more and more homeless people downtown.
amm-str3-19DEV.jpg

I took this picture hoping to catch the face of the officer on the leftt. He was very rude to a man just a moment before this frame was made, and if he was reported for what he said i doubt he'd be on the street today.
amm-str3-22DEV.jpg

All images shot on Ilford Delta 100, with a Minolta Hi-Matic 7sII rangefinder, 40/1.7

3 Comments:

Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

Raheeb man! Love these pics.

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laith , its your cousin Ammar. your pictures فظيعيين.

I hope ur having a great time bi Amman.

When will u launch season 2 min JameedKast?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is great, makes me want to visit Amman.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home