Saturday, November 04, 2006

T'was the night before Eid

I am behind with my pictures, i have about 500 frames to go through, edit, organize and do my selects. Thought i'd share a series of pictures from the last night of ramadan in downtown Amman. The streets were crowded, a jolly feel was in the air, but 2 fights broke out, and i saw the police arrest someone in a very filmic and action filled way. Yet i made a couple of frames with my film camera and a couple with the digital, i really don't like carrying my digital downtown anymore, i feel much more comfortable shooting with my small rangefinder on the street.

Enjoy


IMG_1508p.jpg

IMG_1636p.jpg

IMG_1624p.jpg

IMG_1625p.jpg

IMG_1573p.jpg

IMG_1637p.jpg

IMG_1537p.jpg

IMG_1622p.jpg

IMG_1567p.jpg

IMG_1524p.jpg

...and finally, the sunrise of Eid.

IMG_1648p.jpg

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Roba said...

Awesome pictures ya Laith. Love them!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Elijah said...

Beautiful pictures! you got me feeling homesick :(

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the warmth and intimacy in your shots :)

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home