Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Images from Gaza Refugee Camp






Today I visited the Gaza Refugee camp near the city of Jerash in the north of Jordan, and i captured a couple of pictures that i really wanted to post. The refugee camp is home to over 30,000 Palestinian refugees, and the poverty there is beyond what i've seen in any other camp i've visited. There is no underground sewage system in place, instead there are open sewage canals all around the camp. I wish i had more time to shoot but I think this isn't going to be my last visit.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Amin Matalqa said...

Timeless!

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first pic is amazing! U delivered the feeling of joy.
By seeing this kid; who regardless his poverty is having fun to the maximum!!
The 2nd pic I wished you captured the girls' eye or face, bcuz apparently she's thinking something that I can't see! As a viewer I want to see her eyes and the end of the street.
The neighbor pic is quite nice but I wished it was in color or at least showed me what time of the day is it? If I were you I'd have waited till sunset to capture the very same scene...
Girls sitting by the door, I wanna see the game they're playing, but it's nice. The final pic; the two kids sitting on that carriage, I want to see a profile pic of them I want to know what kind of gaze they're having, apparently they're sad and might be bored. But I can't really judge! Since you take photos of ppl I want to know what they're feeling I must get something from the pic.

9:49 AM  
Blogger pimpernell said...

Very moving pictures! Thanks!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home