Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I finally did it !


New Comp
Originally uploaded by Fata Al-Janoob.

The thought has been lingering in the back of my head for a while now, i had wrestled with it for a month or so, trying to decide if i needed a new computer or not. Since coming to the US five years ago i have bought one computer, and was given a laptop for free, my decision today to buy a new system makes it the second system I buy here, and the first from money i have made through my own work.

Five years ago i bought a compaq desktop and it worked well for the first year, after that it started giving me problems, up until last year when i was saved by being given a semi dead apple laptop from school as a loan. The reason why they gave it to me was because of the state the screen was in. Some professor had dropped it and transformed the screen into what looks now like a prison window. They found out that it would have been more expensive to just fix the screen than getting the proffesor a new one, so i ended up getting it, I also had to use some gaff tape to hold its side from falling. not to mention also, the battery lasts 2 minutes ( i have tried many batteries, seems to be a problem with the power board)

So I gathered up some courage and went to the Apple store and bought a 12 inch Power book, i was tempted to get the 15inch model but i decided against that as i am considering to get a decked out G5 system soon. ( I also ended up getting an Ipod for dirt cheap because of a Student promotion they have :) )

I have to say that i was AMAZED at the ease of moving all what i needed from the old laptop to the new one.

Over 2500 emails, 400 contacts, 4108 songs, 2083 pictures, migrated from the old computer to the new one seamlessly, withuot a glitch. I am wondering how much trouble all of this would have been if i was on a pc.

So Steve jobs, you have done it again, and i feel that i have renewed my vows to Apple.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

blah blah blah blahblah blah. i dont know what all this terminology is about. it confuses me and hurts my brain.

but congrats on the computer. did you get a good deal. yahnee gaidaish hatha el combutar coost?

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah Laith....I give you a computer and all you do is complain about it...... :) I hope you are doing well and congrats on the new computer!

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MABROUK 3al KombutaRRr.. hadtha Abble Kombutarrr kteeer 7eloowwww.... : )))

Congrats on a sweet machine dude.. will
u sell me that broken powerbook :))) ?
kidding... ebaying it as "parts" can generate a good buk or 2, worth it :)

yala.. good luck salamzzo and nice to have popped over your blog. It's definitely delicious. Gracias!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home