Saturday, August 27, 2005

Arabic and my girlfriend

Finally i came to realzie the power of the MAC and i finally figured a way out to use and type in Arabic within my editing program Final Cut Pro ( aka "my girlfriend") The meaning of this is that now i can create arabic graphics, subtitles, and i can arrange my bins in arabic which may cause the producers to freak out :)

*The pic is of my browser window within the program:


soon i will try this on an Avid and see if it works.

I wish i figured this feature out a couple of months ago...it would have helped.

Another thing that i am impressed with is the QWERTY- Arabic keyboard layout provided, which means i can type on an english keyboard phonetically as i type in Arabic. It works and it is a bit easier than the traditional arabic keyboard layout. I recently typed 119 pages in Arabic, a feat in itself, i don't think i ever typed that much arabic before, and this layout is also the secret behind my use of arabic in this blog.

I don't know if such a thing is available in windows. Anyone know?

3 Comments:

Blogger Ziad said...

I discovered this QWERTY thing a month ago; it makes typing in Arabic so easy. I could not figure out how to do "tanween", but I found a way around this by finding Arabic text with tanween, copying the tanween into a word document for saving, and then copy/paste from there into my text.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Laith said...

Ziad

All you have to do is use the opt+Shift keys over the letter and use a for fat7...U for tanween aldam...and I for tanween kasr.

Also u can use Shift+W for shadeh over any letter.

hope this helps

7:53 AM  
Blogger Ziad said...

It works! Thanks :)

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home