Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Layer Cake


Its been a while since i've sat down and watched a movie as i have been quite busy at work. But today i decided that i need to get through my Netflix list and make use of the $15 dollars i pay each month. The movie i had was "Layer Cake" a british gangster flick, which i actually quite enjoyed.

The film is by first time director Mathew Vaughn, who's experience in film comes from producing Guy Richie's "Lock, Stock and two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch." This film is much more mature and deals with more layers of british society than the previous mentioned two which focus more on cockney london.

The film was paced well, it had a dull moment or two, but my mind was kept engaged. The imagery was very beatuiful, the film is very well shot and more impressively planned out. Some transitions were so natural i was impressed.

Daniel Craig's character was well played and he has some form of charm, which catches the attention of Sienna Miller(Jude Law's GF) in the film. Its the first time i see her act, its kind of a small role, but she has a certain attraction to her, don't know what exactly.

Anyways if you are up for a british gangster film with some style and wit, layer cake is a good choice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laith said...

yes natasha

you can add people as your friends in netflix. I have amin and iyas as friends.

9:11 PM  
Blogger jameed, RPh, MS said...

And I already have Jeff as a friend!

OK I guess Blogger was going kookoo a couple of horus ago. It didn't register any of my comments. But I was going to say that you beat me Laith, I have the movie in my queue and I will watch it in a couple of weeks when my wife is away. She already saw the opening of the film in Sundance earlier this year and she liked it much.

This reminds me to jot down my opinion about "A Very Long Engagement"

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home